This post was most recently updated on 13th Dec, 2020
If you own a ROG 3 then you might don’t know but the Phone owns 144hz Refresh Rate but know How to Enable 160Hz Refresh Rate on ASUS ROG Phone 3 Hidden Feature Step by Step as its a feature that many people don’t know about because maybe ROG has forgotten to give that option but it is there only.
Its easy to do all you need to follow the steps we tell you ere or you can just watch the video embedded below to get an idea of how to do it yourself as 160hz on ROG 3 feel so smooth like buttery licious.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 is a gaming-centric phone, made especially for gaming only where you get a decent camera and other features as well but mostly it is for gaming purposes and has a lot to do with it if you know what can you do with this small beast that fits in your pocket.
We were surprised to know that it has 160hz Refresh Rate support where even Laptops don’t have such high refresh rate support but it has as being just a Smartphone that is mindblowing in itself, if you see videos on youtube they might confuse you but we try to move step by step tp tell you how to enable 160hz Refresh Rate on ASUS ROG 3.
How to Enable 160Hz Refresh Rate on ASUS ROG Phone 3 Hidden Feature Step by Step Guide to Follow-
- Unlock Developers option from Settings
- Go to Settings>System>About Phone>Software Info>Builder Numer and Tap 3 times
- You Developers Option will be unlocked, Now go back to the main menu
- Search for USB Debugging and Turn ON
- Now Download Platform Tool Kit from HERE on your PC
- Unzip the Folder anywhere
- Now Open Folder and Connect your ROG 3 to PC
- Press Shift + Right Mouse Click
- Open Power Shell and Type- ./adb device & press enter (it recognise the device and shows success)
- After that type- ./adb shell setprop debug.vendor.asus.fps.eng 1 & press enter (to enable 160hz refresh rate on ROG 3)
- After this Reboot your Device
- If you wanna Diable 160hz option then type- ./adb shell setprop debug.vendor.asus.fps.eng 0 (and Reboot it again)
- You see the option is gone from settings
- To Check if 160hz is enabled or not, just simply go to settings and type refresh rate and check if its there, if not then you might have done something wrong, do check the video above now.
Remember– If you enable 160hz Refresh Rate on ROG3 then you can feel a little dullness over Display Colors, though it has an FHD Display but because the phone only supports by Default so exceeding it causes an offside. You feel like the smoky effect after enabling it where if you turn it again on 144hz so it gets fixed.
This means you always have a choice to switched between what you like as there’s no compulsion for it.