WWDC21, a big event by Apple where it showed a whole lot of stuff related to Apple’s new Software design experience, some hardware & mostly OS part of the new iOS15, a feature-loaded keynote with a List of iOS 15 Compatible Devices, also here we talk about iOS 15 BETA, Stable Release & everything you need to know for being Apple fan.
iOS15 is the next-gen iOS for all Apple users, not only iOS15 but also iPadOS15 is introduced with almost like same features that you get on iPhone. Right now you can try the early developer Beta program of June but if you love testing iOS 15 so wait till July.
iOS 15 Beta Program and Stable Release-
New iOS is right now pushing only for Developers early Beta for few registered Developers & Testers who are ready to take risk & help Team to make it better by kicking out Bugs or for adding additional top-ups, also users who opted for Developer iOS beta program will continue to get latest updates time-to-time in breaks. The Official Public iOS15 Beta for users will be out by July 2021 where you can opt to test.
Moreover, there’s no confirmation for the Stable Release of the new iOS, still, expectation can behold till September when the next iPhone will be shown & by this we mean iPhone 13, before or next you can keep strong thoughts for Stable iOS15 release for all listed Devices starting from Lastest to oldest. Also, iPhone13 is expected to come with iOS 15 out of the box.
List of iOS15 Compatible Devices-
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone SE (1st generation)
List of iPadOS 15 Compatible Device List-
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- iPad 8th generation
- iPad Air 2nd generation
- iPad Air 3rd generation
- iPad Air 4th generation
- iPad mini 4th generation
- iPad mini 5th generation
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 3rd generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 4th generation
- 11-inch M1 iPad Pro
- 12.9-inch M1 iPad Pro
Suprise for us was the support Apple is giving to its users, Supported iOS 15 Devices is just something shocking, as we can see the list, years old iPhones & iPad are in the list where that’s sadly not the case with Android, even not a total of 80% Devices have received Android 11 properly but Apple’s gonna push new iOS to old school as well.
Features of iOS 15 everything (Android inside):
- FaceTime is now coming to Android & Windows for Web with the new update of group calls, it will feature new Spatial audio feature to make calls sound more natural, comfortable, and lifelike and voice isolation to cut background noise & grid view.
- FaceTime will also have portrait mode to blur the background on a call with an option to create a FaceTime link for other platforms to join the call just like Google Meet.
- SharePlay on iOS15 allow users to listen and watch content together on screen so you can share the screen with others at the same time.
- The latest SharePlay feature will work with Apple Photos, Music, News, Safari, Podcasts, and Apple TV all with the Shared with You option.
- iMessage now includes a new collage and stack for sharing photos, new embeds for playlists and Apple News articles.
- On DND (Do not disturb) mode, the iMessage on iOS 15 lets others know that you have enabled the mode with an automatic status update.
- iOS15 comes with new redesigned notification panel with custom control over notifications and a summary of all the alerts (just like you get on Android from years in Stock or Skins).
- You can customise notifications based on priority with the Focus Mode. You can also set up modes for work, personal and such along with bigger app icons for easy navigation.
- Live Text feature is included with the new iOS. On iOS 15, you can now select, copy, and paste text from images elsewhere, same as Google Lens.
- For enhanced privacy, on iOS 15 all Siri requests will be processed entirely on iPhone by default.
- The Mail app’s Privacy Protection stops senders from learning whether an email has been opened and hides IP addresses. A similar kind of feature is in Android for a long but Apple has taken it a little further which is nice.
- App Privacy Report will let you with an overview of how apps are using your data and what they are accessing like location, photos, camera, microphone, and contacts, this same feature for Mic & Camera is gonna come on Android 12 & easy toggle switch.
- iOS 15 comes with redesigned Maps app with new AR directions, a new navigation view and additional road details including turn lanes, medians, bus lanes like Google Earth.
- The weather app has also been given a new look with added animations and full-screen support, live animations looks cool in here.
But why we said Androidhood or why people are comparing new iOS15 with Android, because leaving a few options or features most of them were inspired by Android itself (agree or not) but apple tries to grab Android features, add some salt & pepper and represent it as a new feature, though its debatable topic but almost any person in Tech can agree.
Utmost, user experience is what everyone needs but if Android is presenting something better or giving something for years & not giving them a credit for anything is just egoistic step for sure, else both OS can work together to build better environment & compatibility options for everyone.
We hope you liked this article. For more, do Follow us on Social Media now!, and be a member of our small family. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Telegram and Facebook for some exclusively shared content.