This post was most recently updated on January 19th, 2021
The Facebook-owned messaging app has also updated its privacy policies on its website and shared a comprehensive overview of how WhatsApp will change. The key updates are:
- How WhatsApp’s service and it processes the data of the users
- How businesses can use Facebook hosted services to store and manage their WhatsApp chats
- How it partners with Facebook to offer integrations across the Facebook company products
“Our Services have optional features which, if used by you, require us to collect additional information to provide such features. You will be notified of such a collection, as appropriate. If you choose not to provide the information needed to use a feature, you will be unable to use the feature. For example, you cannot share your location with your contacts if you do not permit us to collect your location data from your device. Permissions can be managed through your Settings menu on both Android and iOS devices,” it stated.
“We collect information about your activity on our Services, like service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (including how you use our Services, your Services settings, how you interact with others using our Services (including when you interact with a business), and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities and interactions), log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports,” it wrote.
“This also includes information about when you registered to use our Services; the features you use like our messaging, calling, Status, groups (including group name, group picture, group description), payments or business features; profile photo, “about” information; whether you are online, when you last used our Services (your last seen); and when you last updated your “about” information,” WhatsApp added.
However, WhatsApp does elaborate on how the information exchange with Facebook will be utilised. This includes:
- Helping improve infrastructure and delivery systems;
- Understanding how WhatsApp’s Services or theirs (Facebook and other Facebook companies) are used;
- Promoting safety, security and integrity across the Facebook Company Products, e.g., securing systems and fighting spam, threats, abuse, or infringement activities;
- Improving Facebook’s services and users experiences around them, such as making suggestions for users (for example, of friends or group connections, or of interesting content), personalizing features and content, helping users complete purchases and transactions, and showing relevant offers and ads across the Facebook Company Products;
- Providing integrations which enable users to connect their WhatsApp experiences with other Facebook Company Products. One example given is allowing users to connect their Facebook Pay account to pay for things on WhatsApp or enabling users to chat with friends on other Facebook Company Products, such as Portal, by connecting the WhatsApp account.
Why you should be worried about New Privacy and Terms Policy of WhatsApp, how it’s Ruling?
First, they made everyone paralysed and now on Accept point Mark is asking everyone to give what they want. After accepting these policies you are indirectly agreeing to crush down your security. Facebook or WhatsApp is saying that Messages will be End to End Encrypted but that’s all for saying as if it’s encrypted then what do they Send to Affiliates? have you thought of it? It’s not easy to move from WhatsApp but if you don’t do it now so in future you will be a puppet of these Companies and they move you as they want because you are silent right now and that’s your illiteracy.
- Being Puppet of an App even after being literate
- Letting them rule over your life and giving them access of everything they want
- We use WhatsApp for many different things and Document sharing, even private passwords and stuff that too can also be stored by WhatsApp & its Partners
- Your all Private information can be in Hand of Facebook
- Facebook is known for its Fraud and Security scams since 2015 and Worlds Biggest Data Manipulation scandal so if they have everything then you can thing of disaster.
- You can be used as a personal product and if anytime data get leaked, whatever you shared throughout can be in the hand of anyone in seconds.
- You can be used as Byproduct against this Privacy and Terms. Remeber private info is more valuable than jewellery as it defines you.
What are some useful WhatsApp Alternatives-
- Google Messages
- Text Message
What we urge you is to share this post with others and ask our Government that what they think of this Update and shift yourself from WhatsApp to some other alternative soon as possible and don’t be the filthy low robot of an App at least. Stand strong and show your power.
Edited by- Amogh Gupta (Invincible AG)