This post was most recently updated on September 24th, 2020
Windows 7 Support End by Microsoft which mean that Microsoft will not provide any further updates pushes for Win7 operating system from 14th January 2020 that simply means you won’t get Software / System Updates & Technical Support for Windows 7 by MS because Win7 has been discontinued or can say end of life officially, but what if your System have Win7 or if you still use it or you might be thinking how to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free subsequent Support end & What Now?
Windows 7 Support End by Microsoft?
We have been listening since long that Microsoft will shut down Win7 Support for all of its users & on 14th Jan 2020 this finally happened officially.
Windows 7 End of Life has now been declared but what does this mean? here what Microsoft says about its End
“Microsoft made a commitment to provide 10 years of product support for Windows 7 when it was released on October 22, 2009.
This 10-year period has now ended, and Microsoft has discontinued Windows 7 support so that we can focus our investment on supporting newer technologies and great new experiences. The specific end of support day for Windows 7 was January 14, 2020.
Technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC are no longer available for the product. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to Windows 10 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available.”
Can I still use Windows 7 on my System?
Surely you can, there is no saying that you cant use Win7 on your system after discontinuation, only thing is you don’t get any update that’s it but if you want you can still use it without any problem…but I request you to read the below headline once completely.
What happens because of Support End (Effects)?
- No support of latest software or new versions and features
- Your system can be hacked more easily
- Your privacy can be in danger
- Your data can be theft easily
- The system starts becoming slow in working
- More open to Vulnerabilities and Viruses
But this all only when you connect your system to the Internet or use any external device like USB, DVD, etc. which might contain any virus or if you download any File through internet / Install some wrong software then only all this can happen otherwise you can use Win7 as long as you want.
How to secure after Windows 7 End of Life?
Like I told you always have an option to upgrade your Windows for Free from Win7 to Win10. You don’t have to pay anything for Windows 10 as its freely available & all you should know is how to install new windows on your system which after you can enjoy every single update on your new latest windows with full security and every software running (with the latest version).
How to Install and Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free after End of Life?
You just need some basic knowledge about how you can Boot your PC/Laptop with the latest Windows and if you don’t then I suggest you take your system to an expert for this. Remember Windows 10 is available for Free so never pay for it.
To install new Windows, all you need is:
NOTE– Before you do anything to reboot your system with new windows make sure you have a full backup of it the data can be erased & you might get into trouble, also make sure to have a USB Pendrive of about 8GB(Recommended).
- Download Latest Rufus Version from HERE
- Install Rufus & Run it
- Plugin USB & Select Device from Drop Down (if you have multiple USBs then select which you wanna boot)
- Select ISO Image in Boot selection (Download Windows 10 HERE)
- Select Partition scheme & Targeted system
- All others can be at default
- Click on Start & wait for completion
- After that your USB Drive be converted to a Flash Drive with Windows icon on it that means you are done
- Restart your PC & Continuously Press F2 / F12 to open Boot menu
- From Menu Select Boot Menu & Select Removable Device (it will automatically detect the USB & start installation)
- Follow the steps on screen with reading through it & wait for completion
- 99% your C Drive is only cleaned not any other drive
- You are DONE Congratulations!
Now you can enjoy running your PC in the way you want without thinking of Updates as now you are running on genuine Windows 10 on your system.
So this is the whole thing here, I hope you have understood the info. if you didn’t then please ask in the comments.
-Thanks for Reading.